... where personal & generous hospitality meets "emotional luxury"
Experience the artistic intimacy of Bushland Park Lodge & Retreat Whangamata, set in manicured park gardens surrounded by forest abundant in native ferns, located in rolling green hills above the white sandy beaches around Whangamata in the Coromandel Peninsula.
Exclusively, a maximum of three fortunate couples at a time can experience this unique Lodge & Retreat with luxury suites for accommodation. Here you can
- visit resident glow-worms just three minutes walk from your dinner table;
- gaze at the stars from the double slipper clawfoot bathtub in the infrared heated area under the Milky Way with the romantic 3 Cs: Champagne, Candles & Chocolates;
- indulge in high-class cuisine prepared by your private chef using only prime New Zealand ingredients, married with that German influenced International touch to an unforgettable dining experience, accompanied and rounded off by the selection of stunning New Zealand grown wines;
- enjoy this fine dining in the Lodge where gourmet food is served on artistically designed glass-fused dinnerware, handcrafted in the onsite studio;
- revel in the Luxury of Silence, emotional well-being and regain your inner peace.
This Coromandel Luxury Lodge in Whangamata is the entry point for the area's famous walking track to the two 25 meter cascades of the Wentworth Falls. New Zealand's famous Kauri Trees and many fern trees border the walkway, which is suitable for walkers of all fitness levels.
The Lodge's own park is endowed with a twin Kauri tree, which is approximately 300 years old and featured in the logo of the Eco Bushland Park Lodge and Retreat.
Ornithologists will delight in the abundance of native birds many of which have made Bushland Park Lodge their permanent home or summer residence.
In 2011, the unique character and luxury accommodation of Bushland Park Lodge in the Coromandel was recognised by the Association Luxury Lodges of New Zealand and the Lodge was invited to join the group as its Coromandel luxury lodge member – for those discerning travellers who prefer to . . . . “take the road less travelled”.